Saturday, June 22, 2013

Refreshing Homemade Lemonade For The Summer


There is nothing more refreshing and delicious than freshly squeezed lemonade in the summer. It's nostalgic for me, because my grandma and aunt used to make it often for me when I was little. I am addicted to all things nostalgic. :) I was able to enjoy the afternoon for a minute by cooling myself off with a glass of my own homemade lemonade--no hand squeezing necessary. Who was the genius that invented the juicer?! Such a simple little thing, but so handy! I used the boiled water-sugar syrup version and just grabbed the sugar to water ratio from here: Perfect Lemonade. The simplest way to start is to do the same portions: 1 C water + 1 C sugar dissolved, add to 1 C lemon juice. Then add 3-4 C cold water. Use this as a basis and tweet, if necessary.

I did not discard the lemon peels right away. I turned the halves inside out and rubbed whatever juices that remained all over my cutting boards to sanitize them. This is a good idea to do from time to time so that there isn't a build of bacteria in the cracks. Then, I ran them with a load of dishes in the dishwasher. I have a lot of cutting boards!

Pin It Now!