Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Arm Knit Scarf

A few weeks ago I found an "arm knitting" scarf tutorial on Pinterest and it blew my mind how simple and quick it was to knit a scarf using your arms as needles. I tried it tonight and finished a scarf in about thirty minutes once I figured out what I was doing. I reviewed a few arm knitting tutorials and found that this one was the most helpful: How to Arm Knit - Simply Maggie Blog. Maggie used two skeins of yarn at the same time, but I only used one. The receiver of the scarf lives in LA, so I wanted to make it less bulky. I plan to try with two skeins for myself because it is COLD COLD COLD in Missouri! Here is a photo tutorial for those who may prefer it: Arm Knitting - Flax and Twine.


Look Ma, no needles! I would recommend that you do this when you know you have at least thirty minutes to finish in one sitting.

All done! I decided not to do the cowl or infinity version. I just made mine longer and stopped after casting off.

I think that arm knitting would be a great way for a beginner knitter to easily knit an afghan. I have been wanting to do an afghan but do not have the time. It looks like I might be able to do it after all!

Happy Tuesday!

Pin It Now!