Thursday, October 10, 2013

Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus

Most of us have heard of the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus for some time now, or at least have heard that phrase thrown around a bit in the last decade or so. I recall hearing about this book on Oprah a long time ago, but hadn't paid any attention to it. A good friend of mine had loaned me her copy of the book and said that I could benefit from reading it. It sat on a book shelf unopened for over a year. I thought it was corny and I didn't want to bother with it. A couple of months ago, my friend had insisted that I try to read through the book from finish to end because some of the things that I had been experiencing in my relationship were issues in most relationships. The first few chapters were hard to get through because it was a bit cheesy. However, the more I read, the more I could identify with what the author was saying. That got my attention. It ended up being an easy read once I became open-minded to it. I am glad that I read the book, because it made me see things in a different light and gain perspective. If I can choose only one valuable lesson I learned from this book, I would say that I learned that there are certain things that I just shouldn't take personally; there are inherited difference between how men and women communicate and interpret messages and neither parties can help it sometimes. I think that I can see why so many marriages end in failure. :O Relationships are a lot of work and they always will be. I urge all of you to read this book. Not all the concepts apply to everyone, but I think enough of it will relate to most people. I bought my own copy of the book and it became a gateway book. I came across a PDF of it that you can use for a preview: Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus. Please purchase a copy of the book if you enjoy it.

Pin It Now!