Saturday, May 11, 2013

Seafood and Veggie Noodle Soup


Yesterday I made a really easy and healthy noodle soup with seafood and veggies. I was craving some sort of hot seafood noodle soup, so I just threw together somethings that I thought I might like. It turned out pretty yummy, so I thought I'd share with it you. Prep time was minimal and it only took about 5 minutes to cook. I made about 3 servings with my ingredients.

Ingredients:

  • 6 C of chicken broth
  • 1/2 C of imitation or real crab meat (cooked)
  • 1/2 lb of shrimp (uncooked)
  • 3-4 big slices of ginger
  • 1/2 C snow peas
  • 1/2 C carrots
  • 1/2 bunch of chopped scallions
  • 2-3 bunches of chinese broccoli, leaves seperated (I also chopped up the stems)
  • 3-4 servings of noodles of your choice (yellow or vermicelli)
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • soy sauce to taste

*The picture depicts twice the amount of scallions than what I listed. I get very scallion happy.

Instructions:

  • Start cooking your noodles per instructions on the package. At the same time, heat the chicken broth until it comes to a boil.
  • When the noodles are done, put aside to drain. When the chicken broth reaches a boil, add the shrimp and let cook until the shrimp is almost done (~2 mins, depends on size of the shrimp).
  • Add the crab, carrots, and snow peas. Cook for 2 mins and remove from the heat.
  • Remove the ginger from the soup and add the scallions, chinese broccoli, and soy sauce to taste. Let sit for 1-2 minutes, then serve with the noodles.

Pin It Now!