Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Make Garlic Herb Croutons In Just Minutes

I've been guilty of pigging out and over snacking and just eating bad in general. One thing that I've been trying to eat more of recently is salad. I ended up running out of croutons last time and was too lazy to go to the store, so I decided to try and make my own. I was afraid that it wouldn't turn out right, because I didn't have bread that had been sitting out. I found that this isn't necessary at all. Here's how to make croutons in a pinch.



Ingredients:
  • 2 pieces of toast, cut into cubes
  • 3 tbs butter, melted
  • 1 tbs garlic
  • 1 tbs Italian herbs
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper

Instructions:

  • Mix all the spices into the melt butter.
  • Put the mixture and bread into a ziplock bag and shake well.
  • Let the mixture sit aside for a couple of minutes, so the bread can absorb the flavor.

  • Toast the bread on low heat until crispy. Alternatively, you could toast in the oven at 350 degrees for a couple of minutes. (I ended reheating in the oven since I ate it much later in the evening.)

I ended up eating a chicken salad with homemade Italian dressing, feta, and cranberries.
I also baked a portabello mushroom stuffed with sauteed Canjun sausage, onions, and peppers. Mmmmmm I heart mushrooms!

Pin It Now!