Monday, April 15, 2013

Organize Your Fabrics With Mini Fabric Bolts

A couple of months ago I had posted a question to the sewing subreddit to ask for some ideas for fabric organization/storage and I received some great suggestions. One suggestion was to use comic boards as the core to my own mini bolts as mentioned in this blog post: Mini Fabric Bolts {tutorial}. I liked idea this a lot and borrowed it. Although I didn't bother to pin the fabric, it turned out fine. I had already starting creating fabric bolts, but was using crudely cut pieces from Target and Amazon packages. I admit it was a bit tacky. I wanted to try foam boards, but comic boards was the most cost effective solution. Comic boards can be found on Amazon, but I found out later that they were cheaper at my local comic store. Well, now I know for next time! For ~$10/100 boards, it was worth it to give it a try. I used all but about 5 boards for my bookcase of mini bolts. I was able to fit all my non-fleece fabrics in a 5-shelf bookcase! I have a ton of fleece that I have in a storage bin and also on hangers... in my coat closet still.

I posted this blog earlier that you guys might like:
I updated the shelves with wrapping paper.

Oh, and check out that suitcases I picked up at Joann's. I love them! I've always wanted a funky vintage looking suitcase. Now I have two! I just have to figure out what to put in them.



Pin It Now!