Thursday, April 4, 2013

Double Layered Sheer Skirt


I'm beginning to realize that sewing clothing requires ALOT of patience and trial and error. It was the reason I wanted to learn to sew in the first place, so all I can do is practice until it comes more naturally. One of my goals for this month is to devote more time to learn to sew clothes and also do at least three refashions per month. So, yesterday I attempted and completed my first skirt.

I've been wanting to make something with this soft creamy sheer fabric for a while. I bought it at Joann's during one of my first fabric purchases (last fall). Here's a close up of the fabric...


I decided to use it in a circle skirt and lined it with a nude pink cotton fabric. I followed a tutorial to do the measurements for the circle pattern. It ended up being a bit off (was it me or the instructions???). I ended up winging it and making adjustments as I went along, which is why I won't be posting a tutorial of this. I have a game plan for how I want to do my next skirt, so I will do a tutorial then. I wanted to at least share a picture of my first skirt with you now. :)

On a different note, I just downloaded the Craftgawker app on my phone. O.M.G... I have been obsessed with it all night. I barely have enough time to make all the things on my current To-Make-List, so this app was a really bad idea!

Pin It Now!