Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Beginnings of Knitting


It's been a few days since I've posted anything and the reason why is that I just learned to knit! My friend invited me to a social crafting party on Monday where knitting was taught. Since then, I've been using most of my free time knitting. My grandma taught me basic knitting when I was in 3rd grade, so I was surprised that it started coming back to me twenty years later. All I can do at this time is knit a basic scarf, but I love scarfs! It is extremely tedious and such a slow process, but I enjoy it. It reminds me of being little and watching my grandma knit me scarfs. Also, you can't whip out your sewing machine on the go, but you can take your knitting with you anywhere.

This is how little I got done after knitting about 6 hours at a moderate speed without any issues:
This is about 11x7" right now. I used size 7 needles and medium-4 yarn. I wish I had super bulky yarn and bigger needles. I think it could have been 3-4 times longer if I did. This is on my shopping list.

Pin It Now!