Monday, February 17, 2014

Homemade Kale Chips

I have been absolutely obsessed with kale in the last few months. I love its flavor AND it's good for you! I try to keep some kale in my refrigerator for moments when I want to make a quick and healthy snack. Guilt-free snacks are the best kind! I usually buy pre-washed and pre-cut organic kale sold by the package. A 10oz bag usually makes two medium-sized bowls of chips and that costs $2.99 at Trader Joe's. You can buy by the bunch, but I like the convenience of making the kale chips on a fly. In just a few simple steps, you can be making your own healthy snack for you and your family too!


Ingredients:
  • 10oz bag of pre-washed and pre-cut kale (If buying by the bunch: wash and dry thoroughly before cutting into 1" pieces.)
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste


Instructions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  • Lay the kale pieces on a large sheet pan or cookie sheet and drizzle just enough oil olive to coat them. Toss the kale pieces until they are evenly coated. Spread the pieces out evenly.
  • Add a couple dashes of salt and pepper to taste.
  • Bake for ten minutes and remove from the oven. Toss the pieces again, so that they can cook evenly. Bake for another ten minutes.


The next time you reach for a package of popcorn to make for a movie night, reach for that bag of kale in your fridge instead. Warning: These are highly addictive and you will wish you made more! Be prepared to make a second batch if necessary.


I also use kale to make a hearty soup that is great in warming me up on the coldest days. Check back soon for my kale and sausage recipe!

What is your favorite kale recipe? I'd love to hear how you are using kale, so please comment away!

Have a great week everyone :)

Pin It Now!