Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Orchids Triptych Painting

I figured that it was about time that I made some contributions to my "Art" section, so I'll be posting some paintings in the next few posts. :)

I am absolutely in love with orchids. It's my favorite type of flower and I am always trying to grow them. Unfortunately, it's difficult for me to find a good place for them to get the right amount of filtered light AND be safe from the pets. I figured that a painting would last longer and so I took a stab at painting. I was pleased with the turn out and was surprised. I hated painting in art class when I was in school. I was horrendous. I think I grew some patience over the years. I found an orchid painting that I liked from here and did my version on three canvas that now hang in my living room. I contacted the original artist (Kerry Crutcher) and he was kind enough to let me post my version in this blog.

Orchids, acrylic on three 20x10" canvases - March 1, 2012

Pin It Now!