Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Misty Guilin Painting

One of the most beautiful places I've ever been to was Guilin, China. I visited this city with my study abroad group during the fall of 2004. We came here from our previous destination, Yongzhou. I just absolutely loved the mistiness that enveloped the hills and mountains. It makes you feel like there's a treasure just waiting to be found on one of the peaks that pierces through the blanket of mist. It was beautiful even in the fall, but oh how I wished I could have seen this place in the spring. There were old men floating peacefully on long skinny rafts on the Li River, which cuts through the city. I made my best attempt to paint Guilin, but I was not that happy with it. I told myself that I would fix it at some point. I doubt that I'll fix it and I don't hate it, so here it is. :)

Misty Guilin, acrylic on 18x18" canvas - April 11, 2012

Pin It Now!