Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fabric Canvas Art

I keep seeing so many pretty fabrics and I can't help myself from buying them when I do. I wanted to frame some of them and display as fabric art, but today I decided to go a different route. I got into painting not too long ago, so I've got a decent supply of canvases. I started sewing not long after, so I haven't had a chance to use them. I figured that I would temporary put my canvases to use and save the money on frames. If you are looking for just a pop of color or to jazz up a spot in your home (my sewing area in my case), here is an idea to achieve that in just minutes. You can use more permanent solutions to attach fabric to canvas, but I chose safety pins. I can repurpose the fabric and frame without any damage and I can change out the fabric easily. When it comes to home decor, I'm a bit of a commitment-phobe. 


Materials:
  • canvas
  • fabric = canvas size + ~2"
  • bobby pins

Instructions:

Lay your canvas over fabric and cut out a rectangle big enough to cover the canvas in the back.
Iron to get any wrinkles out.

Carefully pin the fabric to the canvas material.
Be sure to pull taut, keep the print align/straight, and tuck in the corners.

And... that's it!
Hammer a nail into the wall, plop on the canvas, and enjoy the view.

Happy Wednesday!

Pin It Now!