Friday, December 7, 2012

Ginger Chicken and Stir-Fried Garlic Green Beans

Today I made ginger chicken again. I made it for the first time a couple of weeks ago from a recipe that I found on PBS Foods and really enjoyed it. I couldn't wait to make it again. If you like ginger and a clean tasting meal, then give this a recipe try: Indulge in Sweet and Savory Ginger Chicken. I paired it with some crisp garlic stir-fried green beans.



*Snapshot from PBS Food

  • I added a dash of black pepper, chili powder, and a spoonful of hot chili oil while cooking. Give that a try if you like spicy.
  • I used about 1.5 lb of chicken breast and doubled the rest of the ingredients. Do this if you like sauces and want a slightly more flavorful taste.
  • I did not use oil during cooking.
  • I like to use longer cut pieces of scallions during cooking and garnish with smaller chopped pieces.


 Instructions:

  • Mix the soy sauce, sake, honey, and ginger. Pour the mixture in a ziplock bag, add cubed chicken, and shake well. Let that sit in the fridge for 30 mins.
  • After you remove the meat from the fridge, cook at medium heat for about 10 mins uncovered. Add your spicy ingredients, if preferred.
  • Lower the heat and cover for about 5 minutes.
  • Uncover, add your longer cut scallions, and cook for 2 minutes.
  • Remove from heat and garnish with smaller cut scallions.

The green beans are super easy to make and I thought it went well with the chicken. I stirred fried about 1 lb of green beans with a small minced onion and about 2 tbs of minced garlic. Add a dash of pepper and salt to taste. I cooked this dish about 8 mins uncovered, 3 mins covered, then 3 mins uncovered. You can change this up to achieve your desired level of crispness (or softness).

Pin It Now!